It’s our goal to make your switch to Trion Real Estate Management as simple and smooth as possible. Through the years our team has developed techniques and processes to transition all documents and protocols in a short period of time. Our team takes pride in helping boards and owners during this important step forward and our goal is to hit the ground running on day one.
- Director of Property Management
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
The 5 Step Transition Process
1. Document checklist: Our Property Manager and Comptroller will create a list, customized for your property, of all documents to be turned over which will be approved by the board and submitted to your prior property manager for preparation.
2. Due Diligence: Our Director of Property Management, Comptroller and Property Manager carefully review all documents and records and cover the following items in the process:
- Confirming all corporate compliance, legal and operating safeguards are in place
- Coordinating all changes with your current vendors, and consulting with potential vendors for future needs
- Ensuring no lapses exist in insurance and other critical contracts
- Securing all legal documents and operational agreements
- Distributing initial communication materials to residents, including a welcome letter
- Coordinating a welcome event for residents
- Facilitating building employees’ transition to Trion
3. Accounting and Record Keeping: Our Comptroller coordinates the transition of all funds from the prior property manager, opens bank accounts if applicable and sends a detailed report to the board treasurer and accountant.
4. Resident Notification: Trion will produce and mail to all residents a customized letter introducing ourselves with all of our contact information. Included will be a unit update form that residents should fill out and return to our office with the current contact information for all the occupants of their unit. The letter will also include our protocol for all emergencies, maintenance and accounting calls. This intro letter will help the residents familiarize themselves with Trion and help transition more efficiently.
5. Property Maintenance and Management Handbook: Our team will customize a maintenance and management handbook which will give the board a snapshot of our daily and preventative maintenance protocol, management contact and important building information. The handbook will offer the board the peace of mind of knowing the management protocol of the property and it will be presented to the board within 60 days of our start date.
Transition Timeline: Our team is ready, willing and able to make a transition as quickly as possible. In some situations we have had to expedite the process and complete the transition in just a few days. Some of the points above are completed simultaneously and an average transition may take between 2-3 weeks based on the size of the building and cooperation of the prior property manager.